Sunday, January 30, 2011

Valentine Luminary for a Friend


I made this heart luminary for a friend who's favorite holiday is Valentines.  I used Cherry Cobbler paper and the stamp set Hearts Hearts Hearts by Mark's Finest Papers.  I used the MS heart border punch to punch around the top of the lunimary and the 1 3/4" circle punch to punch out the windows.  The vellum has tiny hearts on it, although it doesn't show up in the photo.  I cute a battery operated tea light in it.  I punched the heart with the rose out 4 times, cut it out and popped it up on a pop dot. 

I'm going to have to make some more of these luminaries as I think they are just adorable!  Maybe some for Easter would be cute.............we'll see what I can come up with.

Happy Stamping!
Patty & Winnie

3 comments:

Carol Hurlock said...

Patty what a wonderful gift for your friend. I am so impressed. I haven't tried making one of these yet and love your design and embellishments. Have a great day!

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Great project!!

Laurie Unger said...

What a great project - Thanks for sharing!