Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Normal Colored Chickadee.......well almost

Sorry that I've been gone for so long, but things were hectic around the Penn household.  I'm sure each and everyone of you had the same business also and completely understand!

I finally got to my stamping room today and made a few cards.  I made some Christmas themed thank you notes that I can't complete until the stickles dries.....I usually complete the entire card THEN apply the stickles, but I forgot this time.  I have also been working on my sneak peak cards for the upcoming blog hop for Mark's Finest Papers.  You are going to love all 4 of the new sets that will be released in January!!!  I'm having so much fun with them.

My card today is for the Inspiration Challenge over on SCS.  Here's the deets:

Stamps:  Ferns and Chickadee by Mark's Finest Papers
Paper:  Corn Husk from MFP, soft suede, pear pizzaz, always artichoke, Basic Grey "Eerie" paper pack
Ink:  Soft Suede
Misc:  ribbon, charm, prismas, baby oil, Smooch pearlized top coat

The name of the card is A Normal Chickadee......well almost because I couldn't resist putting some of the sparkly Smooch on the white part of my little chicadees neck.  You can't see the sparkle in the picture, but IRL it is very sublte and pretty.  As many of you know, I have made my chickadees in all colors, from blues and pinks to even an orange one. 

Well I hope that 2011 will be very happy, healthy and prosperous for you and your family!
Happy New Year

Happy Stamping!
Patty & Winnie

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Patti, this is a gorgeous card. I love Chickadees and we have tons of them here. I sit on the porch and watch them from Spring to Fall.
I love the brown colors with this cute little bird and the dots on the paper and ribbon really makes it all pop. Really beautiful work on this.