Saturday, November 3, 2012

Speedy Fox & Friends challenge~~Use Rick Rack



Today's Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge is to use Rick Rack.  For some reason this was a very hard challenge for me.  I concentrated on my coloring.  I am trying to improve my shading skills.  Not being a natural artist, it is very hard for me, and I need a lot more work, but I do think I am seeing some improvement if I may say so myself.  I used the stamp set "Black Eyed Susans for Encouragement" by Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.  I really like that stamp set and haven't used it in a little while.

Stamps:  Black Eyed Susans for Encouragement, Buried Treasure (sentiment)
Paper:  Snow Storm Smooth, So Saffron
Ink:  Palette Noir Black
Misc:  Rick Rack, Spectrum Noir pens

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you will try to join us for the challenge this week!

Happy Stamping!
Patty & Winnie

9 comments:

Kathy Bradley said...

Patty,
Your card is so pretty! I love the colors and your wonderfully colored image looks awesome framed out in the dies. The ric rac looks perfect.

Kate said...

Gorgeous flowers! Love that you framed it out with a die cut.

stampingbowd said...

I think your shading on the flowers is just gorgeous!!! I love this sunny card...would have never guessed this was a difficult challenge for you!

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is beautiful and you have shaded the flowers wonderfully. The white rick rack looks realllyl good with the yellow.

Pat said...

I think your flower is lovely. Your card looks great.

wendy said...

so very pretty, gorgeous flowers

Theresa's Studio said...

Great coloring on the flowers and great layout. Ric Rac adds a lovely touch.

Carol Hurlock said...

This is so pretty Patty and one of my favorite MFP images. Love that you did the background in yellow too and the rick rack is sweet.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Carol L said...

You've colored those blooms beautifully, and I love the lighter colored ric-rac too! NJ!