Friday, May 8, 2009

The last waterfall card

This is the last set of waterfall cards I did last weekend. I hadn't used this stamp set before, I really enjoyed it. I need to try some new things with this weekend.


Well, I decided that I'm going to unmount all of my stamp sets. So, I ordered the CD cases & ez-mount. I have no idea how long it is going to take me, but I'm simply out of room to store any more wood mounted stamps. I'm so irriated that Stampin' Up will not just sell the rubber stamps without the wood blocks. I read on SCS that Shelli's good friends own a maple wood farm, and that's where SU gets all their woods blocks, so there is no way SU will ever offer acrylic or rubber only stamp sets. In my opinion, that's a real shame. I'm wishing I had the where-with-all to stop ordering stamps from SU! I hate paying for something that I'm not going to use. However, since I'm a hobby demo, I doubt that will happen. I have too much invested in SU right now. Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes with the unmounting once I get all my supplies and get around to starting. And wouldn't you know it, I threw away about 6 sheets or perfectly good ez-mount at the first of the year when I cleaned up my stamping room because I didnt' think I'd use it again. (I had bought it for some unmounted stamps I bought several years ago.) So, learn from my mistake, and DON'T THROW AWAY ANYTHING!!!! (lol)


OK, enough complaining, here's the supplies for the card:

Stamps: Tart & Tangy
Ink: Real Red & Old Olive markers
Paper: Whisper White, Old Olive & Summer Picnic DSP
Misc: red brads, 3/4" circle punch, staple


I'm going to have to close because Winnie wants to help me type.


Have a great evening.


Happy Stamping!
Patty & Winnie

1 comment:

Carol Hurlock said...

Patti: I love how you stamp matches your paper. Very cute. Good luck unmounting your stamps. From what I read, don't throw away your wood blocks...lol Just kidding! I know people you can't walk down their hallway because of all the stacked boxes of rubber stamps. Save a tree...give us acrylic!!!