Monday, May 11, 2009

One of my favorite card techniques















Oops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I forgot that my dear MIL reads my blog...............yep, you guessed it. She knew what she was getting for Mother's Day BEFORE I even mailed the package!!!! I forgot all about her reading the blog! How dumb of me! Go ahead, laugh. Next time, I'll wait until AFTER the holiday before I post anything. :-)


I leave for New York tomorrow, so I don't think I'll get anything posted tomorrow or Wednesday, we'll see. I'm going to take my laptop, so maybe I can get something up tomorrow, but Wednesday I'll be coming home on the train, & I don't think Amtrack has wireless. If I get a signal, I'll post on Wed too, but I doubt it.



The top 4 pics are examples of how I keep track of what stamp sets/stamps that I have. I stamp each set in a different color and write the name of the set & the ink color underneath. Unfortunately, they're not in any order or anthing, so I have to look through the book to find what I'm looking for, but that's OK. If I had it to do over again, I would group the images by "types" ie Christmas, Easter, flowers, pets, etc. The 3rd pic shows how I document my clear stamps. Since I keep my clear stamps in 3 ring binders on the plastic inserts you can get from Sunday International, I don't have a need for the sheets they come on, so I just tape the sheets into my book. Very easy.

The card is one of my favorite techniques. I've used it over & over, but it's been a long time, so maybe I'll do some more of these soon. They are very easy, just rubber stamping, but I really like how they turn out with the vellum.

Supplies:

Stamps: Touch of Nature
Ink: Wild Wasabi
Paper: vellum, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White

I've done these in the fall using leaf stamps & Handsome Hunter, Ruby Red or Pumpkin Pie. This would be beautiful in Pacific Point. Maybe that's what I'll try. Stay posted.


I hope all of you have a great week!


Happy Stamping!

Patty & Winnie






1 comment:

Diane (djuseless) said...

I love the look of this card! Have a safe trip to NY!!!