Sunday, January 31, 2010

Cricut cards


Here are 2 of the cards I made for the mini VSN that we had last night over on Split Coast Stampers. The top card is called "Red Mittens". The relay runners who carried the torch to the opening ceremonies all wear red mittens with white fluff around the cuff, so that is where I got the idea for the card. The challenge was to use red & white, and something fluffy on the card. So I used glittery yarn around the card & liquid applique on the mittens. I also glittered the button & put it in the middle of the yarn.
The 2nd card was for the opening ceremonies. We were suppose to choose the colors of a flag from a participating country. Of course I chose Old Glory, and thought that the torch that I found on the Cricut cartridge entitled "Stand & Salute" was the perfect embellishment for my card.
My DH may be home tomorrow! I can hardly wait. It seems he's been gone for so long, although it's only been 2 1/2 weeks. We haven't gotten to speak to each other very often (only a couple of times) so that makes a big difference I think.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend, We got 6" of snow yesterday. YIKES!
Happy Stamping!
Patty & Winnie

No comments: